Wednesday 7 May 2014

Take Me Back

Take me back to the day when we first met
I crossed the borderlines of time
And tarmacked old regrets
To pave the path for days of laughs
It was the best thing I could do
I took your charms with open arms
And travelled miles for you

Now it's a slow train but it gets me there
I'd travel through the night
A few more stops til I get off
To take in all the sights
The streets ahead are empty,
And the way behind's a blur
There's no place I would rather be
Than welcomed back by her

Her crooked smile still warms me
And tells me it's alright
I've got no words that she's not heard
But I've still so much to write
And when once again I'll leave you
I know it's not for long
Soon I'll return, to live and learn
In a place where I belong


No comments:

Post a Comment